New! Learning Hubs at Excel! Available for Grades 3-5 and 6-7 in Fremont!
Now children can get the support they need to excel in their virtual studies! Our experienced teachers enhance your children’s school program by ensuring they get logged in to their online lessons, stay motivated, get the support they need to complete their assignments, and get them turned in on time!
Plus, if your child needs additional academic support, tutoring is available in math, reading, and writing for an additional fee! Groups consist of 12 students or fewer, who are socially distanced and wear masks at all times. We have taken every precaution to ensure your child’s safety!
Next Session: Monday, October 5th, 2020
Times: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Length: Monthly for entire school year!
*Students are responsible for supplying their own computer, school supplies, water, snacks, and lunch. Students will be screened for COVID daily. Please DO NOT send your child to school if anyone in the household feels unwell or has a fever!
- How can Excel help my child?
- What safety measures does Excel have in place?
- Is there anything parents must do to help?
- What should I do if my child is ill?
- What is Excel’s protocol should a student or staff member show signs of COVID-19?
- Where and when should I drop my child off for class?
- How will Excel communicate with parents about changes, details, and schedules?
- What is your refund policy?
How can Excel help my child?
In these challenging times, it is especially difficult for young learners to stay focused in an online classroom. Excel will provide the tools and support your child needs to thrive in this new environment! We will assist children with logging in on time, attending to their lessons, completing and submitting assignments, and staying safe. We will follow the schedule provided by your teacher/school.
Students will receive guidance and motivation in stable groups of no more than 12 students, and make friends in a safe environment! During breaks, we will also encourage students to get fresh air, move and stretch with socially-distanced activities as appropriate.
In addition, homework help and tutoring are available for a fee.
What safety measures does Excel have in place?
Our main goal is to protect your children and our staff!
- Excel staff are screened for COVID daily.
- Classrooms, chairs, and tables are cleaned after each class, and the entire facility is disinfected each evening.
- All students, teachers, and staff are required to wear a face mask and/or face shield at all times, and to use hand sanitizer before they enter the classroom.
- Parents will be asked to sign-in their children before they before enter the classroom, stating that they do not have any symptoms of COVID.
- We will also take students’ temperature before they enter. If they have a temperature of 100.4 F or higher, they will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Our large classrooms are well-spaced so that students will sit more than six feet apart at all times.
- Students will not mix with teachers or students in other classrooms, and will use the same classroom every day.
- Classrooms facing the street will also have the outside-facing doors opened for maximum ventilation, weather permitting.
- Students will be encouraged to keep a safe distance and clean their hands throughout the day.
Students must bring their own supplies and materials: a laptop or Chromebook, charger, headphones/ear piece, binder, paper, writing utensils, calculator, and anything else they need for their lessons. Sharing will not be allowed.
In addition, students will need to bring their own lunch and snacks, drinks and/or water bottle.
Is there anything parents must do to help?
You MUST prepare your child’s laptop and schedule binder to ensure your child’s remote learning will go smoothly. Laptops should be prepared with bookmarks for math, reading, teacher, etc. The schedule binder should provide all necessary information: passwords, login information, web addresses, schedule of events sent to you by your school, etc. Please also provide a tab with all phone numbers.
What should I do if my child is ill?
Any signs of illness in your family should be taken seriously. Please DO NOT send your child to Excel if anyone in your family feels ill or has a fever! Please consult your family doctor for advice.
What is Excel’s protocol should a student or staff member show signs of COVID-19?
If any student or staff member develops a temperature of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell, that person will be separated from the group immediately and will be required to leave the building as soon as possible. If we contact you to pick up your child, please do not enter the building; will bring the sick child to your vehicle.
Any areas used by persons who are sick will be closed and thoroughly cleaned following CDC guidelines.
Students or staff who have stayed home sick will not be permitted to attend or return to class again until they either have had a negative COVID-19 test or have been fever- and fever-medication-free for seventy-two (72) hours, and at least ten (10) days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Where and when should I drop my child off for class?
The learning hub will be open from 8 am to 3 pm. Please drop off your child at least 15 minutes before his/her first lesson of the day is scheduled. You can park, get out of the car, and sign your child in and out. Please have your own pen or pencil ready. Please understand that in order to avoid crowding, only students will be allowed inside the building. Under no circumstances will a student be released to an undesignated parent or guardian.
How will Excel communicate with parents about changes, details, and schedules?
An email will be sent out before the session starts with policies, drop-off/pick-up details, and any updated information. For any emergencies, we will make phone calls.
What is your refund policy?
This program is contingent upon sufficient enrollment. If a minimum of 8 (eight) students does not enroll for a session, it will be canceled, and you will receive a full refund. Otherwise, there will be no refunds and no makeup days for any reason. No exceptions.